Iowa Games Gravel Grinder
@ Sunny Heights
p/b Ames Velo
Saturday June 5th, 2021
10:00 AM - Sunny Heights Farm
Online Registration Only
Long Course (2 Laps) = 45 miles (10:00AM)
Short Course (1 lap) = 22.5 miles (10:15AM)
18-34 | Female Male
35-49 | Female & Male
50 & Over | Masters | Female & Male
Single Speed | Female & Male
Tandem | Female, Male & Coed
Facebook Event Page
Strava Cue Sheet
Click below link for TCX file:
Check out a course summary by Ames Velo: Home Town Hero Race Team member Trevor.
Key Race Info:
The 2021 Iowa Games Gravel Grinder is a multi-surface bike race, held on a NEW 22.5 mile circuit in Ames, IA with a little bit of everything. The race include sections of crushed rock, pavement, and prairie trail. The terrain is undulating with several short, steep climbs per lap.
The Race Campus at Sunny Heights features picturesque views and is the perfect place to hang out, and enjoy the entire afternoon. We will be asking everyone to practice social distancing and wearing masks when not competing.
RACE DAY INFO:
- Please be at the start area 15 minutes before the start of your event
- Riders will be called up by their groups within the 2 separate start times
- Riders will be allowed to race with other groups, we simply want to give them a chance to see the competition in their category
- Feed Zone will be allowed for the 2 lap riders at the top of Templeton and will be marked
- We will attempt to have water at the far turn on the course. Info will be available at start. But BE PREPARED to be self supported.
Tricky Left Turns & Caution Alerts
Directions to The Race:
- Race Headquarters will be located inside the Sunny Heights, 17641 Templton Rd, Ames IA 50010
- If you are coming in from out of town on i35, take Exit 116 and head West on 190th St.
- Continue .6 miles West until you reach the intersection with Dayton Ave, then take a right (North) on Dayton
- You will hit a T intersection which is 180th St. - Take a LEFT (west) on 180th St.
- Continue 1,500 ft then Turn RIGHT on the Templeton RD (just past the Skunk River bridge)
- Sunny Heights is just up the hill to the left 2,000 ft.
- Limited parking is available at Sunny Heights, and at the bottom of the hill at the boat launch area.
- Look for a friendly volunteer to help!